Saturday 6 January 2018

Welcome

Welcome to my blog about ambient music. 

I've enjoyed ambient music for a very long time now and wanted to write about my favourites to share them with like minded people. My definition of ambient music tends to be low tempo, atmospheric, sometimes rhythm-less, shapeless, abstract and amorphous. As a genre it has wide variety and doesnt have fixed boundaries. 



Brian Eno - Ambient 4 On Land
My interest started with the works of Eno and Harold Budd back in the 80s so first album to mention is "On Land" which was number 4 in his Ambient series. It has a hypnotic, mysterious quality which hints at dark ambient, although back then such a thing was a distant concept.

Beats: None   Melody: None  Quality:Abstract  Tone: Dark-ish


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oöphoi | Tau Ceti ‎– Celestial Geometries (2001)

This is a beautiful album and the words which come to mind are glacial and cold. Evocative of lunar landscapes, interplanetary drifts, slo...